Try this simple meditation….
Found a quiet place where you can sit comfortably and be undisturbed for the next 5 minutes.
Try to pick a spot that is totally silent with no background noise or distractions.
I want you to sit down (you can lay flat in your back if sitting is uncomfortable) and I want you to slowly breath in through your nose and out through your mouth. I want you to do this for 10 full breathes.
During your 10th exhale, I want you to gently close your eyes and as you do so, allow your breath to return to a natural rhythm.
Now, I want you to spend the next 3-4 minutes focusing on your mind. Your thoughts.
Can you go 10 seconds without a thought coming into your head?
It could be anything from a thought on your breath, how uncomfortable you feel, how silly you feel to something as random as what you are having for dinner tonight.
But can you manage just 10 seconds without any thoughts cycling through your mind?
Most of us can’t do this and this is why we all need meditation in our lives.
Was that tough?
Is this you everyday?
- You feel the only luck is bad luck and each day is an up hill battle?
- It takes only the smallest incident to tip you over the edge?
- Your blood is constantly boiling underneath the skin at other peoples behaviour?
- Your struggling to find a purpose in your day?
- As a result, you struggle to get out of bed every morning?
- You are finding it hard to let go of past traumas?
- You suffer with daily anxiety.
- You never have any free time to just sit and rest.
What do you think about meditation?
- You want to try meditation, but you have no free time to fit it in.
- Isn’t it just for hippies and monks?
- I don’t want people to know I meditate, I will feel silly.
- I don’t know what it really is or where to begin.
- I’m not sure I can sit cross legged for too long because of my knees/hips/legs etc
- What’s the point of meditating? I’ll get more benefit from going to the gym!